Johnny's actual Birthday was on July 23rd but we just returned from vacation so this is going to be the first off many blogs about our last 10 days! We flew up to Chicago on July 21st to head to my parents lake house for a long weekend to celebrate Johnny's 30th Birthdayy! My parents were not only nice enough to let us use their lake house but to also stay back at their house and watch Maddie all weekend! Little did he know I had planned for his closest friends to also fly up and surprise him! Since he is the most OBLIVIOUS and least nosy person I know it was an easy surprise to pull off! We had sooooo much fun and will laugh about all of the stories for years and years! I'm so glad I was able to do something special for him for his big day!
our beautiful view all weekend
Johnny & DJ relaxing on the swing right after we arrived!
Brennon & I decided to bathe in the lake just cause we could ;)
we had TERRIBLE storms 2 nights in a row. the water rose after the first night and the lake was "no wake" so the boys decided to build a GIANT slip & slide to entertain themselves!
do they ever grow up?!?! haha!
hanging out in the evening
after the second night of storms the lake flooded so bad that our pier and boats started floating into the lake! the water was OVER the second sea wall - it was crazy to see....
thought this picture was neat with the guys on the pier....
since our fire pit was under water we spent our evenings playing shuffleboard!
these three are ALWAYS trouble when they're together ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment