Saturday, December 3, 2011

weekend

As always our weekend went by WAY to quickly and Maddie and I find ourselves alone again until Friday night!  Have I mentioned lately how READY I AM to move and be together as a family again!?!  I'm pretty sure my little pity parties have a lot to do with my crazy hormones and exhaustion as I'm entering the last couple weeks of this pregnancy.  I'm fully aware that there are LOTS of families that would LOVE to see their husbands/Daddy's every weekend so I have a hard time feeling too sorry for myself.  Anyhow...

We had a nice relaxing weekend at home.  The weather helped us out by being rainy so we didn't feel so guilty lounging around the house!  We were able to get our Christmas tree and finish decorating!  The rest of the weekend consisted of football - GEAUX TIGERS! 

Maddie was SO excited to pick out a tree and decorate. She talked about it all week. I will give her credit for helping more than she did last year but she definitely has a ways to go. She helped for about 15 minutes and then informed me that I could do the rest by myself! Johnny was about as much help as she was! I'm starting to wonder if I'll be left alone to finish the tree every year?!?


Maddie was too excited to take a nap before Daddy got home on Friday so she "tried" not to.  This is why we are clearly NOT ready to give up her nap!  By 6:00 she was SOUND asleep on Daddy which of course completely threw off any hope for an early bedtime!


ready to decorate


Daddy "helping"


Mommy attempting to supervise




this is obviously about the time she was done decorating


first attempt at the star didn't go too well....


our humble tree full of old, homemade and new ornaments :)



No comments:

">thecutestblogontheblock.com