I feel like we've been gone forever and it's only been a couple of weeks! We returned Sunday afternoon but I'm just now getting around to blogging again! I have SO much to catch up on so I'll have spread it out over a few entries!
We'll start with our FUN trip to the ER the night before we left for vacation. I had us all packed and ready to go and Maddie decided to go into her suitcase and get out her Motrin bottle, somehow open it and drink 3/4 of the bottle!!!! Of course we had NO idea what to do since she consumed so much of it that we were off to the ER. Funny how QUICKLY they get you back when your child overdoses on medicine! If only we got to leave as quickly! After getting a stern lecture from the Dr. about watching our 2 year old more closely (UGH) they put an IV in her and drew blood to do some tests. After that they tried to get her to drink charcoal and "monitor" her for 4 hours. She was fine and didn't have a reaction at all! Of course NOTHING happens quickly in the ER so we didn't leave the hospital until 3:30 in the morning! After pretty much NO sleep we had an 8 hour drive to Louisiana the next day! Not a dull moment around here....
Madelyn and her "cool cast"
charcoal mouth - YUCK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment