Monday, March 8, 2010

a much needed break

Maddie & I flew out together Thursday to Baton Rouge.  That was about all the togetherness we had though.  My reason for going was to spend the weekend with a good friend and there was NO WAY my in-laws were going to have me an hour away and not bring them Maddie. They picked us up from the airport and we headed to Chuck E Cheese to meet Jeremy, Becky & their kids for some dinner and playtime.  I didn't see Maddie again until Sunday when we met at the airport to fly home.

I had SUCH a great weekend away!  I realized that this was the longest I've ever been apart from her!  Of course I missed her but it was so nice to spend the weekend with Nancy and have a break from being 'Mom'!  I even got to see my nephew, Creed's, last basketball game!  Yeah!  I'm pretty sure I wasn't missed by Maddie as she was spoiled rotten all weekend!  I'm also pretty sure Johnny enjoyed having a couple of days to himself!

We were all ready to be together as a family again yesterday!  We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon after grabbing lunch on the way home from the airport!  It was such a great weekend away but it's also so great to be home with my family :)

Of course I only got one picture at Chuck E Cheese so this will have to do....

maddie & channing riding the bus

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Can't wait till yall come back. Hurry up and get here May! :)

">thecutestblogontheblock.com