Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Terrible No Good Very Bad Day!

Maddie's been successfully sleeping in her big girl bed but unfortunately that means she's been waking up earlier.  This morning she decided to wake me up at 6:45 instead of her usual 8:30!!!  I'm a pretty selfish sleeper so to say I wasn't excited about this is saying it nicely!  I got her settled down with breakfast and went to get online only to find that our computer had been infested with a BAD virus!  It wouldn't let me do anything and since I'm definitely not a computer genius I decided to just shut it down and complain about it to Johnny.  I wish I could say things got better after this but that would be too easy.
She decided it was necessary to shove Harlow from behind and then just when I thought they had settled down to play I realized she had taken the ENTIRE box of granola and dumped it all over her playroom.  I SO wanted to take a picture but decided that punishing her wouldn't be near as effective when I was documenting it!  Poor Harlow didn't know what to do so she just started eating the granola Maddie had poured all over! Ha!  About to scream I headed to the garage to get the shop vac to start cleaning it up.  While walking through the pantry I stepped in a HUGE puddle and realized that not only had our washing machine broke but it had also flooded our laundry room!  If I was a crier I probably would have completely broke down but instead I let out a good scream and decided to laugh!  The girls definitely went down for a nap early and I'd be lying if I said I didn't seriously consider pouring myself a glass of wine for lunch! 

Maddie continues to misbehave and test me every second of the day!  I'm praying this a phase and I'll get my sweet girl back SOON!

Don't let this face fool you!  She decided to undress herself this evening, take off her diaper and put big girl undies on.  Obviously I couldn't tell her no so in order to get her to sit on the potty I had to bring the DVD player into the bathroom to distract her!  Whatever works ;)



2 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Not sure if you were a child like Maddie...I know I was alot like Kyla...and when I would have a day like this my mom would say that she was ALMOST sorry for praying the prayer. As I questioned her about 'what prayer?' that would be...she replied..."You know - the prayer that one day you would have one just like you!" ;) ha! Well, I know from experience that the strong will that is hard to tame now...will make her a strong leader one day! You just have the un-enviable task of making sure now that she is working for good and not for evil! ;) (But just btwn you and me...she's too cute to be evil!)

Johnny, Kasey & Madelyn said...

thanks lori! glad yesterday is OVER and now I can laugh about it!!!!

">thecutestblogontheblock.com