This Christmas is VERY different for us as we are staying HOME! This is the first Christmas that I won't be with my parents and brothers which is going to be very weird! Johnny couldn't travel this year because of work so staying in San Antonio was an easy choice for us :) My in-laws were in last weekend and my parents fly in the morning after Christmas so we are very blessed to have parents that made sure to be here with us since we couldn't travel!
Johnny and Maddie took a trip to Bass Pro this morning so I had a couple of hours to clean and get ready for the next few days! It's just crazy how much I can get done in a few short hours without lil' ladies running around ;) After nap time Maddie and I made cookies for Santa - she definitely enjoyed eating WAY too much cookie dough!
We went to Church this evening and since it was a family service Maddie went with us! I wasn't quite sure how Maddie would do but it really went ok! Fortunately the service was mostly music so she LOVED that! We sat with the Pape's so her and Harlow had a grand ol' time "dancing," hugging, & kissing during the music! We tried to occupy them with goldfish during the short sermon and were pretty successful! While we were walking out to our car she kept saying "Merry Christmas everybody"!
After Church we came home and had a yummy dinner! Maddie opened a present which were some new Christmas PJ's and some new bootie slippers! Now we are relaxing with a bottle of wine and It's a Wonderful Life!
As I sit here and look at my wonderful husband and my beautiful daughter I can honestly say there is no where else in the world I'd rather be :)
"helping" me make cookies
ready for Church
wearing her new bootie slippers and being silly
again...
ready to snuggle up on the couch in our Christmas pj's :)
leaving cookies for Santa
No comments:
Post a Comment