Sunday, June 17, 2012

happy father's day!

I wanted to say Happy Father's Day to my dad, father-in-law and of course my HUSBAND!  Y'all are the best Dad's in the world and all the children in your lives are extremely lucky!!!

We spent a quiet weekend at home this weekend which was wonderful after our trips!  Maddie was very into Father's Day this year and insisted she pick out her own gift for her daddy!  She picked out a remote control car because that's what SHE wanted! ha! She wanted to wrap it in Christmas paper and of course wanted to "help" wrap!  I tried to explain to her that she couldn't tell him what she got him and that we had to wait until Sunday. yea right.  When he got home from traveling on Friday she ran to our hiding spot and grabbed his present.  She then informed him she couldn't tell him what it was because it was a "special secret".  When he went to open it he said "I wonder what's in here?" and she blurted out "a toy car DADDY"!  Maybe Eli will be a better secret keeper some day ;)



 I had her fill out a quick questionnaire for Johnny and I plan on trying to do this each year for a keepsake! 
MY DADDY 2012

My Dad is 5 years old
His hair is black and his eyes are brown
My Dad likes to wear a blue shirt
He loves to eat cheese
He is smart because he knows how to read to me
My Dad works hard at go to work
Daddy always tells me that I'm really tiny
It makes Daddy happy when I'm a big girl
If he could go on a trip he would go to see cows and he would take me and eli
I really love it when my Dad plays with my horses with me
If I could give my Daddy anything it would be a giraffe
My favorite thing about my Dad is he tells stories to me
Love,
madelyn (&eli)

Our children are so very blessed to have Johnny as their daddy! He's truly the BEST :)





 

No comments:

">thecutestblogontheblock.com