Maddie went to her first dentist appointment last week. I know she was supposed to go when she turned 3 but with everything we had going on I decided to wait until after we moved. So, she went and I was really nervous about how she was going to act. She has been pretty shy around people she doesn't know lately (ex: crying when we drop her off at Church, etc). I talked to her a lot about it to try and prepare her in hopes that would help! Well, lucky for everyone involved she did GREAT! She was shy, and wanted me to hold her hand, but she let the hygienist totally clean her teeth and even take x-rays! She was great for the dentist too! Her teeth looked great but the Dentist did mention that her bite was off which could mean spacers in the future. She asked if she took a paci or sucked her thumb.... ding, ding, ding!!! Although she really only sucks her thumb when going to sleep it's obviously already affecting her mouth! UGH! They told me not to stress about it yet and that most of the time kids will stop sucking their thumb on their own! Praying we get that lucky!
I only took one quick picture because I didn't want to distract Maddie or look like the crazy mom that takes pictures at the Dentist ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment