Tuesday, January 3, 2012

life with eli

Eli continues to be the sweetest, easiest baby!  We are holding our breath and hoping that he continues to be so laid back and happy!  He is eating great and sleeping great!  He's been sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at night and always goes right back to sleep after getting changed and fed!  That makes me SO happy as I LOVE my sleep!  We had to take him back to the Dr. a couple of times to check his bilirubin!  He was a bit Jaundice when we left the hospital but luckily after rechecking it was going down!  He's been quite the little pig and by 5 days old was already back up to his birth weight!  He's a "snacker" which drives this Mama a little crazy!  I've been pumping some to make sure he takes a bottle since it was so awful getting his big sister to take one!
Maddie has been SO good with him which has been wonderful!  Unfortunately she's had a major attitude in other areas which has been aggravating.  I'm ready to get moved and back to "normal" cause she definitely needs some routine and discipline in her life! 
I've been feeling great!  I'm so glad I made the decision to have a c-section as overall it has been a lot better than my recovery with Madelyn!  I'm not going to say that it was/is easy but it was definitely the better route for me to take given my last delivery! 
We said goodbye to my parents and appreciate all they've done to help us these last 2 weeks!  My MIL is in town to help get us moved this week!  We are going to have a crazy week ahead with movers packing us for a couple of days, having to stay in a hotel, closing on our house and moving into our new home in Ft. Worth!  I'm so excited to start this new chapter in our lives and be together as a family again!!!!  We had one blessing after another in 2011 and I'm going to do my best to make sure 2012 is just as great!






No comments:

">thecutestblogontheblock.com